M.S./B.S. Sport Administration/Exercise Physiology
• 21 Years Coaching Experience (Division II, Division III, Varsity AAAA, AA, A)
• 20 Years Health/P.E. Teacher Elementary, Middle/High Schools
• 15 Years ACE Certified Personal Trainer (Ages 11-60 plus, Elem./M.S./H.S./Collegiate/Semi-pro Athlet)
• 15 Years Speed & Conditioning Coach (AAAA Football, AAAA Basketball, AAAA Soccer, AAA Lacrosse)
• 3 years Dry Land Coach (swimming)
• Four-time Marathon Finisher
• Collegiate Athletic Scholarship Recipient
• Member of Collegiate PSAC Track and Field/Cross Country Championship Teams
Prominent Athletes Trained/Coached
SpeedMatters is dedicated to developing programs with the focus of our clients reaching their ultimate fitness goals in mind. We utilize unique, specialized methods at affordable prices!!!
The Founder, Robert Naylor, has dual Masters’ Degrees in Exercise Physiology and Sport Administration and has over 15 years of individual, group and team training experience. His diverse, self-scripted programs include techniques and strategies that give all of our clients the advantage of achieving their athletic and fitness goals.
Our adult fitness programs are specialized for personal gain and are non-competitive in nature. The sport-specific training clinics, group classes, and individualized sessions allow the athletes to prepare themselves for their upcoming season and gain an upper edge on the competition!
BS Health and Physical Education/Minor’s in coaching and aquatics
• 6 years of strength and conditioning coach for Speed Matters - Pittsburgh,
• 4 year varsity athlete for the track and field team Div. 2
• PSAC Div. 2 Championship Qualifier
Chris coaching career began at his Alma Matter at Seneca Valley High School where he helped re-write the school record books. He also spent time at the Mercer County power house Hickory Hornets, during which he helped guide the team to its first State Championship on the girls side.
Coached 7 individual state champions and 1 National Champion.
4 years at Seneca, Sprint Coach , every male sprint record was shattered including his own school record. He led several relay teams to the PIAA State championship finals and national qualifiers.
Chris’s sprinters had broken 10 school records and recorded numerous conference champions and state medal winners.
2015 Head coach duties of the Auburn Eagles cross country program. Eagle’s men brought home a runner up trophy at the conference, regional, and state meet. * 5 All Conference, 3 All Regional, and 3 All State Athletes (Boys).
Middle school Boys and girls cross country team finished number one in the conference as a team.
He also had both conference champions on the girls and guys side under his tenure. During the indoor season he continued his success leading the sprinters, jumpers and hurdlers to another record breaking season. He guided the sprinters, jumpers, and hurdlers to several All Region and All State honors. At the State meet with Cam Akers and Laura Daniels, the three led the Eagles to a 3rd place finish.
Chris currently coaches at Blacksburg High School as the varsity sprints, jumps, and hurdles coach with Steve Schmitt and Mark Hinkson. He also serves as the varsity strength and conditioning coach and defensive backs coach for the football team.
* While in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania he was very fortunate to train several professional, semi- professional, elite D1 athletes and high school athletes.